Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sterling DD

Everyone loves Dunkin Donuts. What? You don't? Liar. Everyone loves a delicious donut and a nice cup of coffee.

Would you like to know what people don't like? Bugs. Unless you're an Entomologist, you don't like bugs. And even Entomologists don't like bugs in/near their food.

The Potomac Falls/Sterling DD has a fruit fly/gnat infestation that is out of control. I popped in this morning for some coffee and a donut (What? I deserve a treat sometimes). Everything was fine until I went to get a straw (don't want to stain my teeth) and saw a gaggle of flies on the wall. And by a gaggle, I mean a go-zillion. VOMIT.

Here is a recreation of what I saw (minus the wall):



When I got to my destination, I took one bite of the donut and then threw it away because I kept imagining little fly eggs in the donut and then in my stomach. Tragic. So so tragic.

Here is a recreation of me after I had to throw my donut away:



2 comments:

  1. One hot summer day at Bethany Beach we stopped in to the roadside BBQ stand that is always packed and has been there for decades. We ordered the pulled pork sandwiches. While enjoying my own little slice of southern heaven, I noticed a dead fly in my sandwich! Never again will I eat there or probably any roadside BBQ stand. Bummer.

    PS - You really should just skip DD and go to Shopper's Food Warehouse for one of the colossal donuts. They are so wonderfully delicious, giant and cheap. Try the Vanilla with Sprinkles...it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad Dawson face!! http://itsyowyow.com/2011/01/04/sad-and-crying-dawson-internet-meme/

    ReplyDelete